Sunday, 29 January 2017

The World is Too Big


When Clark Kent was a little boy and first started to feel overwhelmed by his powers, he freaked out and ran and hide in a closet so his mother had to come and get him. When she asked him what was wrong, he said: "The world is too big, Mom." And Martha Kent, with all her infinite wisdom said: "Then make it smaller."

I can relate to Clark Kent.

It's hard to take in all the voices on internet, all the debates, all the shouting and all the propaganda. It's exhausting to worry about the state of things all the time. So I make my world smaller. I fill it with light, hope and purpose. I focus on the things I need to do, I focus on art and friendship. I focus on stories and adventures. In my little world there's no room for anything else.  

No comments: